Monday, December 10, 2007

Call you out



nice guys are nobody's friend. If being a pushover is the only i can keep the peace, then peace is not worth it. I want to start living offensively. There should be very few people who my life does not offend; maybe those who live the same life. I am realizing that truth by nature is painful rather than easy. The people who are the closest to me are the same people who can tear a strip out of me for my own good. Jesus lived offensively. He created conflict wherever he went. He brought a tension to those who lived in error because he loved them enough to show them what they were meant for.

Have you ever met someone who really lived out the Bible? it's wild, they are the craziest, most offensive people. There is no hesitation to call you out on something. If i am too busy being nice to someone to tell them there is a better life out there than i am a two-face and a traitor, and i show that all i really care about is saving face.

I am not real sure where i got this image of Jesus as a weak but loving guy who couldn't be harsh if he tried. I really couldn't be more off, even his disciples were scared to ask him things cause they knew he wouldn't hesitate to call them out.

Being a witness does not equal a smile on my face; it's truth on my lips. This realization has brought me a lot of freedom but at the same time so much more responsibility. So much for my smile-people-into-the-kingdom philosophy...

No comments: