Monday, December 17, 2007

Late nights with God


I can't think of anything i would trade my late nights with God with. I think God has a very strange brand of wisdom. A few random insights;

to be competent is to be desperate.
to be less is to be whole.
to reserve is to shrink back.

Feeling the weight of LA tonight. But fear is a slap in face. fear is an insult to God. It's faithless, it's cowardliness, it's ridiculous.

I really think my safe zone is humility. There is so much freedom in humility. Humility is completely dependent, it's completely willing, and completely unthreatened. To place yourself in humility is to place yourself as a receiver. And God has alot to give. Anything other than humility has the i-have-arrived-and-your-still-on-your-way attitude. Now that is a dead end, but this is the Word, "but in humility consider others better than yourself". This isn't a put-down, its a reality check saying, 'hey you still have a lot of ground to cover so suck up the pride and take it all in..."

1 comment:

Jazzy said...

I can totally see why YWAM asked you to staff their L.A. DTS... you have great insight and God has blessed you with so much wisdom!! You are going to make a great leader this year! Send any prayer request my way & I will make sure to pray for you!